- Development Services
- Applications, Forms & Permits
Applications, Forms & Permits
EFFECTIVE APRIL 3, 2023
Building permits are available ONLINE!
New permit applications and inspection requests are completed online. Any permits issued before this date will continue to use our old system and procedures until your permit is closed out. We no longer take paper applications.
CREATING YOUR PERMIT ACCOUNT
Click on the link above. You will be directed to the new permit portal. Click on the Development Services tab. Select Building Permit and follow the steps in the guide to create your account. * Be sure to note your login information. You will be using this account for all your permits.
Please use this guide to assist in creating your online profile.
Click the link below to access the required documents for permit submittal. Be sure to have all the listed items per project before you begin your application. You will be uploading your digital files and cannot submit the permit application without the requirements.
PERMIT REQUIREMENT LISTING RESIDENTIAL
PERMIT REQUIREMENT LISTING COMMERCIAL
IMPORTANT: Please be sure you are not creating duplicate records. Always save your draft if you are not ready to submit. Once you come back to complete, access the draft you have already created by clicking on the "My Account"
Building Guides and Information
- Building Codes Adopted and Local Amendments 2021 (PDF)
- Plumbing Code Amendment Adopted 07-2020 (PDF)
- Oak Brook Contractor/Trades Examination Information Bulletin (PDF)
- Building Permit Exceptions (PDF)
- Fee and Bond Schedule (PDF)
- Flagg Creek Water Reclamation District Application and Requirements Link
- Flagg Creek Sanitary Sewer Permit Program
Automatic Fire Sprinkler System Technical Submission Form (PDF)
- Special Event Planning and Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- DuPage County - Food Program Plan Review Requirements (PDF)
- Residential Range Hood Calculator Note: open as an Excel Document - Do not save changes
- Door and Window Replacement
- Electric Service Upgrade
- Generator Guide & Nicor Form
- Outdoor Event Tent Regulations
- Permanent Fire Pit
- Residential Roofing Requirements
Public Hearing Application Forms